Welcome to New Generation's old website! This site is no longer active. Please visit our new website on www.novageneracija.org. Thank you!
Udruženje "Nova Generacija"
President of Nova Generacija
Bojan Arula is a graduate of the University of Banja Luka, and studied at both the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Philosophy, Department for Social Work. He is currently a postgraduate student at the Faculty of Political Science in the Department for Modern Social Work.
During his university studies, Bojan volunteered with such organizations as Save the Children - UK, the Youth Communicative Center, a humanitarian organization "Partner", the International Forum of Bosnia, the Association of Psychologists of Republic of Srpska and others.
He has coauthored the books "Education and Culture in Bosnia and Herzegovina" (2006), and "Child and Youth Issues in Human Rights Context in Bosnia and Herzegovina" (2007). He has also authored "the Manual for the Education of Children without Parental Care for Life in the Local Community" (2005) and several articles about youth and children.
Bojan is very active in the local social work community. He is the co-founder of the Union of Students of Social Work from Banja Luka University, and was the Union's first president. He is an active participant in reforms of the social sector within the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia and Herzegovina through different commissions, projects, seminars, and round tables. In addition, he is also currently employed by the Center for Social Work- Banja Luka.
Bojan is the manager and/or contributer for several projects including:
- "Domestic Violence Banja Luka" (2003)
- "Sexual and Physical Assault at Banja Luka University" (2003)
- "Child Victims of War" (2004)
- "Employment of Youth" (2004)
- "The Second Parliament of Students of Social Work from Southeast Europe" (2003)
- "The Second Chance for Education" (2003)
- "Older Brother, Older Sister" (2004-present)
- "Shelter for Street Children" (2004)
- "Protection of Mental Health of Children in Primary and Secondary Schools" (2004)
- "Service for People with Disabilities" (2004)
- "Promotion of Volunteerism in the Local Community" (2004)
- "Promotion of Foster Families" (2004)
- "Promotion of Social Work in Secondary Schools" (2004)
- "Experiences of Societies in Transition" (2004-2005)
- "Alcoholism and Rehabilitation" (2004-2005)
- "Volunteerism- An Activity that Stimulates Optimism" (2004-2006)
- "Project for Life" (2005-2007)
- "Center for Children and Families" (2006-2007)
- "Needs of Children in Institutional Care" (2006)
- "New Politics of Culture and Education: Strategic Cooperation and Networking for Platforms of Reform" (2005-2006)
Drasko Gajic obtained his undergraduate degree from the Department of Social Work at the University of Banja Luka, and is currently finishing his postgraduate studies through the University of Belgrade-Department for Modern Social Policy.
He currently serves as the Vice-President of New Generation and is also a co-founder of the Union of Social Work Students. He has served with numerous stakeholders in the provision of social services, including international NGO's (the International Mission Board, for example) local NGO's (My Neighbor, New Generation) and academic bodies (the Univeristy of Banja Luka). He currently holds the post of Assistant Professor of Social Policy and Social Development and Planning.
Drasko has taken part in numerous projects to promote foster care among professionals, policy makers, and the media; as well as projects aimed at creating a unified standard of quality foster care through the training of foster care providers.
Biljana Crnadak is a graduate from the Department of Social Work at the University of Banja Luka. Her research at the university covered such topics as domestic violence, assault, and the impact of war on children.
She has served both voluntarily and professionally to improve the quality of social work in Banja Luka and has worked in the past with the Society for the Aid of the Mentally Disabled and the Center for Children and Families (as the director). Currently she works as the Secretary General of New Generation and is on staff at the Rada Vranjesevic Children's Home.
She has worked on many local projects, including:
"Domestic Violence in Banja Luka (2003)
"Physical and Sexual Assault at the University of Banja Luka" (2003)
"Child Victims of War" (2004)
"Older Brother/Older Sister" (2004-Present)
"Shelter for Street Children" (2004)
"Promotion of Volunteerism" (2004)
"Alcoholism and Rehabilitation" (2004-2005)
"Project for Life" (2005-2007)
"Center for Children and Families"(2006-2007)